My ILO login doesn't work
If the ILO login you received from us does not work (ie. "Unauthorized Access" error), please open a ticket with Dedicated Server Support.
We reprovision ILO before your service is delivered and sometimes the settings do not stick. A quick ticket and we'll reprovision again and verify the details.
ILO Won't Open In My Browser
Due to recent updates in certain browsers, such as Chrome, sometimes ILO won't load due to a certificate error. We recommend using Firefox for accessing ILO. Chrome will not work with the Remote Console as it no longer supports Java applets.
On loading you will be presented with an SSL warning, just hit the 'Add Exception' button and 'Confirm Security Exception' on the next screen.
How do I access the KVM?
In ILO select the 'Remote Console' tab, in ILO2 you'll be presented with 4 options. Click on the third link 'Remote Console' to load the Java-based KVM - this is the most functional & interactive KVM.
My ILO KVM Isn't Loading
There are sometimes a few tweaks you need to make to get the ILO Java-based KVM running on modern computers running newer versions of Java.
- Open the Java Settings/Preferences on your computer. In Windows you can find this under Java -> Configure Java. In Mac OS X it will be under the Java preference pane within your System Preferences.
- Click on the 'Security' tab and under 'Exception Site List' hit the 'Edit Site List' button. Copy & paste the beginning of your ILO URL into the field including the http:// or https://
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab, scroll down to the 'Advanced Security Settings' and uncheck TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 from the list. You should only have TLS 1.0 selected.
- If you already tried to load the KVM and it failed, you may need to clear out the old KVM applet from your cache. On the 'General' tab select 'Settings' under 'Temporary Internet Files'. In the next window select 'Delete Files' and click all 3 options in the list to delete all previously installed and cached applications/applets.
- If ILO is open, reload the main ILO URL and login again if required.
Additional Steps - Sometimes Required
If the KVM window loads but the page is blank, highlight the URL bar and hit enter to reload. It can sometimes take 1-2 reloads for the KVM to load the first time.
If the KVM area is black or shows 'No Video' text, click in the KVM area (black background) and hit Escape on your keyboard. Hitting escape once or twice should present you with your OS login screen.